3. Install a locked mailbox.
4. Don’t send cash in the mail
5. Pay bills with an electronic bill payment service
6. Ask your bank for “secure” checks that can’t be altered.
7. Have your local post office hold your mail while you’re on vacation.
8. Exchange, work, vacation schedules with trusted neighbors, so you can watch each other’s mailboxes.
If you see someone stealing mail, call 911 immediately; give the operator the suspect and vehicle descriptions.
If you have been a victim of mail theft, contact the U.S. Postal Inspector immediately,
Call (877) 876-2455.
Please advise me when you have been a victim of a mail theft, so I can alert the basic car officers working in your area.
Robert A. Ringler Co-Chair
LAPD West Los Angeles Community Police Advisory Board (C-PAB)